google analytics code

Monday, October 17, 2011

Interview: Melissa Broadwater BusyBeeBeadwork

INTERVIEW: Melissa Broadwater - BusyBeeBeadwork

Beadweaving artist, Melissa Broadwater, owner/designer of BusyBeeBeadwork creates beautiful, wearable art. I had the opportunity to interview her about her work and creative process. Here is Melissa's response to my many questions:
Melissa: " I have been an avid beadweaver for the past four years. I got introduced to the art of beadweaving by a dear friend. She would bring her jewelry in now and then,and I thought it was some of the most beautiful jewelry that I had ever seen. I couldn't believe how detailed it was, and how long it must have taken her to make. She encouraged me to start weaving my own jewelry. I went down to the local craft store and bought supplies, slowly learning the technique.
 Since then I have held jewelry parties and attended local art fairs. Customers asked whether I sold on Etsy. I've heard so much good about Etsy so I opened a store. I really love selling my creations on a site that is host to so many talented artists. I am constantly working on my latest creation, often til the wee hours of night,not knowing the end result and loving the surprise of it!
 Interested in beadweaving? purchase a book  on basic techniques or check for classes at local bead stores.
Melissa's work can be seen at her Etsy store:http://www.BusyBeeBeadwork.etsy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment