google analytics code

Monday, August 29, 2011

Jewelry And Life Inspiring Ideas

An article in one of the many jewelry making magazines I read really caught my attention. So much so that I had to get the book the article was based around. This was a quick (2 page) article of little parts of the book Art and Fear by David Bayles and Ted Orland, 122pgs, Image Continuum Press. These two photographers have hit the creative nail smack, dab on the head! Yes, I had to get the book and I agree it's good. Allow me to give you an excerpted sentence or two from page 118: "In the end it comes down to this: you have a choice ( or more accurately a rolling tangle of choices) between giving your work your best shot and risking that it will not make you happy, or not giving it your best shot-and thereby guaranteeing that it will not make you happy. It becomes a choice between certainty and uncertainty. And curiously, uncertainty is the comforting choice."

What they are saying about creating art (jewelry,painting,photographs, etc.) applies to everything in life; Life is an Art in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment