google analytics code

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fashion Feathers

One of the latest fashion trends is Feathers. Feathers for hair extensions, feathers as or on clothing and feathers in jewelry. I have seen so many beautiful items handcrafted with feathers on Etsy and Artfire and elsewhere.

Now, I have a personal interest in feathers, having a quaker parrot in residence and he has gorgeous feathering!
It just so happens that he's molting now and dropping some of those beauties all over the house. There are teal wing feathers and lime green tail feathers with just a touch of bright yellow and yes, I pick them all up and "save" them.
 I am seriously thinking that perhaps I should take some of those beauties and make some jewelry out of them. Perhaps a necklace and a pair of earrings. How gorgeous they would look combined with some gemstones! I think I'll get started and see what I can come up with for a necklace and earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment