google analytics code

Friday, June 28, 2013

Mandala Beaded Jewelry

Been working on Mandala beaded jewelry and have found that once started, it has a life of it's own!

Yes, I had a picture in my mind when I started beading of just what this would look like and innocently started; beads,gemstones and needle in hand.

What I have found is that this is truly a meditative practice AND just as in designing other pieces of jewelry the"creative muse" takes control of the process and the design.

Needless to say, I am fascinated by the design I seem to be creating and the colors and style of beads and gemstones I am being drawn to to use. This is becoming a much more complicated design than I had originally had in mind but I can see that it will be a delight to see when it is completed......a surprise for everyone including me! This is probably one of my favorite things about designing jewelry.....you never know just how a piece will eventually turn out! No wonder I find this fun to do!

So...I expect (silly me!) to have this first piece finished and ready for my shop by the first week in July. I'll let y'all know when it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment